FH6, Series 6, Week 1

The treasure hunt clue was a little more obvious this time. The location is Meoto Iwa Rock. I couldn’t remember the name, but knew what to look for. In other news, the first expansion will allegedly be out on the 21st of January.

I already owned the BMW Turbo 2002. All went well.

I took a photo. I got some clothing. I got so excited that I bought the Lexus LFA.

The curse that is B-class modern rally returned in Bee Happy, which rewarded us with the Coronet Super Bee, which I don’t have in this game (but do in others). We had to do Kawazu Nanadaru yet again. I got caught out by the sharp right-hander at the bottom of the hill in Cherry Field Trail. It’s not a race I’ve done that often, but I suspect I’ve botched that corner just about every time.

Ghost Hunter was A-class rally monsters (not exactly original) doing cross-country. What?! I picked the Opel Manta for the job, but the car wasn’t suited to the task. There was quite a bit of yawing in Takashiro, which had me wondering whether off-road race tyres might be better, but they pushed the car into low-mid S1 class. This got me the Honda Prelude.

For Vetting the Competition I used the Lotus Exige Cup 430, which I don’t appear to have either built or tuned (and it doesn’t desperately need it). I did do some tuning between races, but it’s a nuisance that you can’t tune a car ahead of a race in a seasonal.

I got a rubbish WS from doing the Soni TA task.

It took me a couple of attempts to get the DS. I suppose the car to use was the Porsche Rallye (dirt run-up, you see), but I stuck with the Cayman GT4 RS from Soni.

I one-shotted the new ST outside the 7-Eleven by a decent margin. It was the Cayman again. The WS was rubbish again.

For the Trial I used the 1969 Camaro Super Sport. There were only three of us. Solid team wins round Soni and Hokubu. Job done. One player had a car that was very good on the straights, but rubbish round corners. The other player held the drivatars back, but never needed to, and round Hokubu it didn’t help and would’ve made no difference. But what was the point of the reward? Everyone’s probably bought the No. 34 Beetle from Legend Island.

I was hoping for good drift racing (i.e., S1 class), but ended up with B class, which meant the Mini Cooper, which isn’t built or tuned for drifting. In spite of this impediment, I managed a 3rd place overall, although some way off the sweaty try-hards who were in the lead.

And lastly, I did Rivals in the new BMW M4 CS. Definitely needs better tyres. I was hoping I’d be able to take it for a test drive, but you can’t. The only car available is the Koenigsegg One:1, which I can drive in Horizon 4 and 5. The SWS was, yes, rubbish.

The 2CV

I knew approximately where this was from some kind person posting it on Facebook, but I don’t think it should be too difficult to find without a guide.

I built it to the top of A class, but from driving it round Tokyo, it was clear that this was a mistake, and I rebuilt it to the top of D class before going for a race round Daikoku during which I had more two-wheeled moments in a single race than I’ve ever had in any Horizon game.

I thought it might be better on dirt. No. It rolled and rolled and rolled again even though I’d lowered the ride height. I wonder whether making the ARBs as soft as possible might’ve helped. However, it’s a moot point because I probably shan’t bother with this car ever again.

I also tried the James Bond edition 2CV in FH4. I built it for road racing, but it didn’t have the two-wheeled tendency of the version in FH6. It was hopeless against the drivatars at the top of D class because it got swarmed by them. I rebuilt it into A class and tried again. This time I got a mixed field, mostly dominated by the Jaguar XJS, which again attempted to mob me on the straights of the Colossus. I then built it for dirt racing, which is where the tumbling began. It was all right on dirt or snow-covered tarmac (it’s winter in FH4 this week), but the moment the car got onto bare tarmac, it’d roll on corners. The trick, I discovered, was to lift off through such corners, although it let the drivatars catch up. Possibly this is also a solution in FH6.

Anyway, this is just another clown car, which in FH6 seems best on tarmac.

“We’re listening.”

Well, if you want to listen, reinstate the forums and don’t expect us to create a new account for a site where you can only give feedback and make suggestions. Also, PGG, be more forthcoming instead of treating the game and its development as if it’s a state secret. It’s not. The game is not a social network by proxy (and besides, interactions with other players are very limited). PGG shouldn’t be adding features because a few people shouted loudly (i.e., “What do we want?” “CAR MEETS!!!” “When do we want them?” “NOW!!!!”), who were mistaken for the uox populi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 31, Preview

The Man Machine

When Google makes nonsense