FH6, Series 3, Week 3

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hokubu… This damned treasure must be somewhere. I should’ve paid more attention to the screenshot on Facebook that gave its location. I’ll drive around a bit… And round and round… I’m worse at navigation than Odysseus. I eventually find the spot in north central Hokubu, not too far north of the Flower Run ST. Some arse is half hiding the treasure chest with his car.

I expected to have to do a seasonal to get the Lamborghini Huracán for the weekly. Instead I had to do the spending-my-money. I randomly drove about and eventually, randomly got a great skill chain. Did my two laps of Soni and took a picture.

Then it was off to the castle for a photo.

Once again I resorted to the 458 Speciale for Play Time. I was all right round Narai-Juku, but have probably only done the Venus Sprint once, hence I did it badly. The conditions weren’t exactly ideal for racing in S1-class cars.

I drove the 2005 MX-5 for Spyder Sense. Again, it was unfamiliar courses in the dark with a lot of annoying spray obscuring the view when I was in traffic. I think the Gallardo Spyder was similarly difficult to get in FH5. This also got me the Mazda Cosmo for some reason.

For the PR stunts I used the MB AMG SL43 Final Edition. I managed to get the TA time round Hokubu on my second lap. I was a metre short of the target when I did the Festival Leap DS. It was a matter dropping the aero settings. Job done. The TB was a pain in the arse. If I hoped to use the SL43 as it was, I was delusional and had to switch it to AWD and off-road race tyres to survive. By this time I had five WSs. 1. Good; 3-4. Rubbish; 5. the FE 917 LH at long last.

And then there was the online racing, but at least it was road racing. In spite of entering the series on the second race, I managed to come 4th overall.

Hide and Seek. Fortunately I was a seeker again. I have no idea what I’m doing. I chase after the rabbit. I pretend I’m contributing. We win. The pain of doing this pointless exercise is over.

I chose the Ariel Nomad for the Trial. Was it a good choice? Perhaps. I was third on the human grid for Temple CC. All was going relatively well when a player ahead of me went to hard into a sharp left turn and returned to the course straight across my bows, which ultimately gave the drivatars the win. I don’t think he could’ve done much to avoid me, and between us, I don’t think we could’ve done much about the drivatars. In spite of HokiHoshi being a pain round Edogawa, I managed to pass him to finish 3rd for a team win. I came in 4th in Izu CC, but the team win was by a smidge. Thankfully the reward was a 488 GTB, which I had been thinking about buying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 47, Week 3

FH5, Series 48, Week 3

FH5, Series 31, Preview