FH6, Series 3, Week 2
We start with the weekly in the Alfa Romeo 4C. Why did we have to do a drag meet? What does this car have to do with drag races? (As Alcuin might’ve asked under the right circumstances.) The rest was the usual sort of stuff.
The photo at the golf course wasn’t just a matter of taking a pic of the Maserati Ghibli. It seems that the car had to be on a green with sand traps in view. Or something like that.
The collectibles are easily collected by driving from one end of Ine to the other.
Rally Up and Go! saw the return of low-spec modern rally cars, but was für ein Laugh – cross-country racing. Wind Farm and Soni Highlands were awful with their jumps, one of which flipped me, and on the second attempt, I let the car flop over, thus offering the drivatars the chance to overtake me. I didn’t need the 4C, of course, as I’d already got one.
Scenic Scrambles was another seriously?! moment. Super saloons doing dirt racing. Perhaps it’s a thing. I whipped out my… – steady, ladies – 2018 Audi RS4 Avant. Not so familiar with Sotoyama and it showed. Hirosaki felt to be too much 2nd gear-3rd gear, although overall, I find the scrambles to be a good deal more interesting than the road circuits. Oddly enough, I didn’t need the Ghibli, either, as I’d already acquired it.
The drag meet was a pain. The trick seems to be to slap drag tyres on, say, a Lambo, and abuse the PI drop. I managed it (after many attempts) in my Murciélago in nine seconds.
I tried the same car for the ST on the bridge, but it wouldn’t turn. I reverted to stock tyres and – importantly – got a clean run on the ST. I had issues with traffic cars getting in the way on a couple of the runs, and that was probably frustrating a lot of people. However, completing this got me the Temerario.
As for the SZ, I assume that you’re meant to use the Sterrato. Tuned from stock, one-shotted. Luck rather than skill, I think.
Two of the resulting WSs from this gave me cars I didn’t have, and one gave me clothing I didn’t want.
For the Trial I went irony mode, racing in the 458 Speciale to win the 458 Speciale. I was fourth on the human grid round Highway and got DNF’ed about a second from crossing the finish line. The player in 1st was in a belting Ferrari Enzo. I got knocked out of a checkpoint round Shirakawa and would’ve been last if I hadn’t nobbled BowieKnife99 by accident early in the race when he attempted some bone-headed manoeuvre, and I knocked him off the bridge. I definitely got shoved, and I strongly suspect a player was responsible. I managed a 3rd place round Daikoku, but it made no difference.
My second attempt at Highway was a bit odd. I started in fifth and managed to get up to 4th overall when suddenly the two drivatars ahead of me vanished late in the race, thus giving me 2nd place. In spite of that, the same player in his Enzo just about DNF’ed me again. I managed a 4th place round Shirakawa mainly because of another player who was clearly being a dick (and was possibly the same ass who’d ruined that race for me the first time), driving badly and getting into a tussle with the leading human driver when he didn’t need to. From what I could tell, the Enzo was fast in a straight line and probably rubbish round technical courses.
I ended up doing spec racing in the MC12 Corsa, which was just the ticket for the task.
The Eliminator <insert violent vomiting noises> took a couple of attempts. The successful one was really a result of me faffing about and then chasing the ever diminishing circle. I could’ve won the last head-to-head I did in spite of going up a rather steep slope in a car that could barely manage it. My opponent was in much the same boat, having a better vehicle for off-roading, but similarly impeded by the terrain, and I was just ahead, but had no interest in continuing with this irritation.
I’ve yet to do an HSP, but I was never in free roam at the right time for the right sort.
Comments