FH5, Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

I remember this car being added to FH4 fairly late on. I’m not a fan of retro saloons, which look like bricks and weigh about the same as a house. I’ve probably driven the car once in Horizon 4, although I made up for it today in FH5.

I started out with a B-class build. The car was all right in Descansar Dorado and Copper Canyon, but struggled in Dunas Blancas against a Bentley Turbo R. It merely stayed ahead of the drivatars round Plaza Circuit, but never managed to pull away. It was a bit odd in that there were some parts of these races where aero was needed and others where it would’ve been a hindrance.

I then tried an A-class build. In Descansar Dorado and Dunas Blancas, I raced senza aero, but felt in both cases, especially the latter, that aero would’ve been a Good Idea™ because the car felt floaty and slidey. I added aero before trying Copper Canyon, which was much like the previous two races in that there were places where aero was helpful and others where it seemed unnecessary. I did the Volcán Sprint, where aero is de rigueur, but got nagged by a BMW M5. Handling was fine. I finished off the Mulegé, where the 155 was all right, but didn’t really dominate the race.

There’s nothing much special about this car apart from – quick drum roll – tunable, third-party aero. Perhaps it has this in FH4. I can’t recall, but at least it goes with the car. I can’t see myself bothering with the 155 Q4 again unless it’s in a daily challenge or a seasonal forces us to use it. It’s not a terrible car, but offers nothing to excite me more than any of the other cars in this class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 31, Preview

FH5, Series 59, Week 1

FH5, Series 53, Week 1