FH6, Series 3, Week 4
As usual, I started with the treasure hunt. I knew roughly where I could find it and then had to narrow down the exactly location to the end of the track above the waterfall with the view of the temple(/pagoda).
The weekly was doing things in the Fiat Abarth 131, which was a favourite of mine in FH5. The challenge to get three ultimate wreckage skills was the usual random sort of thing. There’s probably a good place to go and do this, but I don’t happen to know where it is.
I took a picture of a Lamborghini and got, er, something. Rickets? Probably.
I picked the G Wagen for Out of the Loop, but feel this was probably a mistake. It was understeery round the annoying Kawazu Nanadaru spiral. I went too fast into the turn at the bottom of the hill in Cherry Field Trail. Crash! Bollocks! The good thing about this seasonal was that three missing cars came out to play, and I got snaps of them.
For It’s Snow Problem At All I went with another old favourite from FH4, the Range Rover Sport SVR. Snow Forest was a bit odd because the drivatars kept going missing on the approach to the final hairpin and heading off to the right before, I guess, they were reset. Tateyama Alpine CC was a pain because even though I made life as easy for myself as possible, the two drivatars in front tenaciously held onto their lead until one of the long downhill sections where they both went arse over tit. (At this point FH6 crashed possibly because of an update for Quake, which I bought out of nostalgia a few years ago, although I still have the original game on CD-ROM, but it’s DOS.) When I got back to the game, I only won Soni Highlands CC by a narrow margin after diving bombing the lead drivatar at the final turn.
The PR stunts were largely a series of experiments. Which Lamborghini/Ferrari was most likely to complete the task successfully (and why don’t they just tell us?) In the case of the drag meet, I eventually realised it was the Sterrato from which I got a 2021 Audi RS6 Avant. I wasn’t really certain which S1-class Ferrari might work with Takashiro Bridge. I started with the 458 Speciale, but it was persistently 5kmh too slow. In the end the Lego-liveried 488 Pista got the job done (but someone get rid of the density of traffic which was clearly vexing everyone who was attempting it). Rubbish SWS. The Kōzokudāro SZ was another traffic-infested PR stunt. I did at least one-shot the Nukabira Turn DZ in the 1967 275 GTB4 Spider (and I wasn’t alone in my choice of car). This time I got a 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat, but think I had one already.
The Spec Racing series was in the 1998 Supra. We had a consistent winner regardless of his starting position, and we has a prestige 7 player. Seriously?! I know I don’t play the game that much, but he’d have to be doing this 16-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week to have got that far in the time the game’s been out.
I started the Trial with the Alfa Romeo 4C partly because I like the car and partly because it was ready to go. It wasn’t a good choice. The preferred (or lazy) option seemed to be the 2017 Giulia. I quit round Highway the fist time when I could see we hadn’t a chance of winning. On the next attempt, I switched to the Giulia TZ2, but can only claim to have given sound team support.
Lego livery
How stupid are people? Just because a couple of cars get a Lego livery, it doesn’t mean that we’re getting a Lego expansion (although I’ve heard claims that we’re going to be getting a drift expansion; if true, my pee-pee just shrivelled a bit further). I note that the Fanta car had no one screaming that we were at risk of a Fanta expansion. Why not? “Fanta Expansion sponsored by Coca-Cola!” Jolly exciting stuff.
Series 4?
I suppose the actual content of the next series is meant to be a nice surprise. I have no idea whether the word is out, digit’s in, playtime for the European man [Enough quotes from Landscape; you might frighten younger readers. –ed.] … the word is out somewhere as to what the content is going to be. I assume we’ll get an update sometime next week, with me spotting the details randomly on Facebook.
Comments