FH6, Series 4, Week 3

I looked at the map, looked for an SZ, and pretty much fast travelled to just the right spot to find the treasure. It’s under a section of the SZ on this week’s Festival playlist.

The weekly started slightly badly. I got the Autozam, but started upgrading it before I’d driven it. I then went to the Autoshow to buy a new one even though it was a reward for one of the seasonals (but I’d forgotten it probably was). In fact, it was only about CR36,000 and hardly what I’d call a reward. I did Bandai Azuma for the touge race because that’s the A-class one.

At least the photo was merely taking a picture of a cult car somewhere on the Edamame Circuit and not a picture of some infantile mascot which you can only get if you place the car in just the right position.

Micro Circuits was back to one of those vague car categories for which you can’t search and the options offered by the game will only cover the eligible cars in A class. I chose the MG Metro 6R4, which I turned into a road racer as far as I could. Night and wet roads in all three races, which had to include Edamame which never gets any less awful no matter how much I do it.

Modern Marvels. Car category? B-class modern rally. Again? Seriously?! Again, seriously, I was in the Lancer Evo VIII. Taiyaki, which can be a pain because of the drivatars, posed no problems. Oh, look, Kawazu Nanadaru yet again with the annoying spiral. Gods.

I one-shotted the Edamame TA Circuit in the Holden Torana, but the handling was dire. Also, Edamame yet again?! I did some testing this week to see what modern sports car might’ve been a better choice for the Trial. I didn’t try all of them, but I did Edamame quite a lot and disliked it on every occasion; and we’ll get more of these clown circuits in the stadium. The car which might’ve been best for the Trial last week was possibly the 718 Cayman GTS.

I used the Be-1 to deal with the PR stunts. The DS needed a longer run-up, which wasn’t the issue it’d be with faster cars on tight approaches. I kept being a metre or two short of the target. I one-shotted the ST going downhill, and was 1kmh too slow for the SZ, which I got on the second attempt, but found the car lost speed in spite of brakes not really being necessary. I had one very good wheel spin, and everything else was rubbish.

I did the drift racing for the Tampon Car 2.0. I’ll probably never drive it as I probably never drove it in FH5.

I managed to do an HSP partway through a seasonal championship.

The Trial had me wondering what might be suitable. I did try all three races first and ended up with the 2018 Audi RS4 Avant. There were only three of us in my first attempt at Festival in which I came 1st, although there was a drivatar ahead of me as was the drivatar in 8th. Forza counting strikes again. I couldn’t catch the first three drivatars in Cedar Run, and my teammates weren’t helping. I made a bit of a mess of things at the end of Matsumi Climb, but my teammates were still being unhelpful, hence I tried again.

I managed a 2nd in the Festival Chase in spite of some off-roading and we got a team win. I was right at the back for Cedar Run, getting spun round the tight hairpin. I resumed and did a recovery drive, which got me past enough drivatars to get me 8th place and a second team win.

Now, what’s this I’m hearing?

So we’re getting an FE XJS in the game, and the standard XJS, which vanished after FH4. It was an annoying car because if you turned up in some buffed-up car in the same category (cult cars, I think), the drivatars would all be in the XJS being a bunch of bloody little menaces. The XJS another car that seemed to have very spongy springs and would wobble precariously round corners (although not a madly as the DB5 Zagato). Copy-and-paste job from FH4? I must go back to Britain and try it. (And this is why it’s worth keeping the older games installed because I can go back and drive the cars that have fallen off the menu.)

Meanwhile, there’s some 7Eleven collab as well, but I believe the Supra with the livery is limited to “participating regions”.

And finally, news about the first expansion. It’s very exciting. “We’re working on it.” Well, I can barely contain myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 31, Preview

FH5, Series 59, Week 1

FH5, Series 53, Week 1