FH6, Series 4, Week 2
I started this season with a combination of the weekly and the seasonal, Scenic Nights, for some irony racing, using the i20N to win another i20N. I upgraded the car to the top of B class, but that barely made any difference to the overall performance at all, and pumped it up to S1 class for the final weekly task. This was, in truth, a mistake because as I said last week, Edamame is awful for anything much above B class.
As for this weeks photo op., go into the stadium, find that ridiculous mascot, and snap pictures until the game decides you’ve done. There appears to be a specific location, but it should work regardless so long as the mascot is in view.
The collectibles were a nuisance because like FH5, they’re not all in the stadium or around its external circumference. There’s one with the roadside cars, there’s one across the road under the arm of a digger, and a whole bunch on the baseball field which is just near the stadium. As I discovered, if another player gets one before you do, it’s gone until some unspecified point in the future. The SWS was rubbish.
I used the WP F-150 for All-wheel Domination since this was supposed to be off-road racing (cue drivatars in rally cars), but it was a too-many-geared barge. The only saving grace was the jumps in the races, which I managed to do without yawing, pitching or sliding sideways on landing.
Once again I managed to one-shot all the PR stunts in the stock Polaris RZR Pro XP Ultimate. Basically, you didn’t need to use brakes. This also got me the Honda N600. The WSs were a Mazda RX-3, but I have it and the sale price was actually not terrible, a horn (and they know where they can shove that), and a Hennessey Venom GT.
The Trial was a pain. I assume that there’s probably one A-class modern sports car that’s up to the job. At a guess from what I saw, it’s the 370Z. Probably. I started with the SLC 43, but it didn’t have the pace or the handling. I then tried the 2020 Supra, but quit after being spun by a drivatar round Edamame. I moved on to the Z4M Coupé, but understeered into the edge of the tunnel doing Coastline, which was nigh-on impossible without some madly fast car. The drivatars buggered off with little chance for the rest of us. I stuck with the Z4 and we finally won Coastline, although I had some annoying drivatar overtake me on the outside late in the race. I was then last off the grid round Edamame (and by this time, I had properly tuned aero to keep the car under control) and managed a 2nd overall. Team win. But I’m guessing that quite a lot of these races are going all the way to the Festival sprint because Coastline is bloody impossible. Also note that the first race demands speed and the second demands handling.
I caught the tail end of one spec race series, but did the following one to make sure I was getting the necessary skills. The second was in the Mitsubishi Evo, which I managed to win overall.
Hide and Seek. Oh bollocks. I was the hider. Oh bollocks-er [sic!] Got caught, didn’t care, why are they inflicting this shite on us?
I’ll deal with an HSP on some later occasion, but nothing appropriate turned up at the right time.
That Exocet
Bloody awful. I thought I’d give it a go and all it did was slide sideways at random moments. Mind you, I’m not a fan of superlights, which are way too floaty.
Longer races = progression
I did some experimental race series to see how far I’d get doing dirt and road sprint races. The answer is “Not very”. Trail races earn you more than sprint races overall, but in terms of progression, advances with or without WSs are few and far between, making longer circuit races(/scrambles) a much more viable option. I’ve already seen players on prestige four or five, but I assume they’re schoolchildren who have had nothing better to do during the hols.
Comments