FH6, Series 4, Week 4
I went Geoguesser on the treasure hunt, assuming that it’d probably be down one of the green lanes in Tokyo. I was right, and even picked the right lane just near the Raku Raku icon.
I’d not driven the Honda e previously, and it didn’t surprise me that there was no racing event in the weekly since EVs are typically weak in races. I also used the weekly to deal with the photo challenge, which was another round of me: “There’s the mascot.” Game: No, wrong place. Me: “What about here?” Game: Fine. Me: “What’s the difference?” Game: Don’t ask questions. The Forza gods have spoken.
Are unlimited buggies starting to be the off-road equivalent of B-class modern rally? I was back in the Ariel Nomad for Unlimited Buddies, although I admit it’s my only properly built A-class car in this category. Oh, and what absolute larks! All night time races. I had to close the curtain or the glare created too much contrast to see properly. This also reminded me why I’m even less fond of cross-country races than ever.
For Hot Hatch Chasers I had the 2021 VW Golf R which, I think, was a roadside car. It wasn’t too bad considering there was nothing much that could be done with it, and I made mistakes from my lack of familiarity with the races. And oh what larks again! All the races were in daylight. O game, thou wit.
I then one-shotted the Edamame TA circuit in the same car. I also one-shotted the PR stunts. The FE S-Cargo was good for the speed trap, and my Lancer Evo VI, which I use for drift HSPs, took care of the DZ. The wheel spins from all of this were rubbish.
Horizon Play was a bit slow to load, and I was a bit slow off the mark because the real world intruded. Thankfully I only entered the series on the final race.
And then there was the Eliminator. Actually, on my first attempt, having challenged a level 4 car, I almost won by following the road, whereas my opponent appears to have got stuck and was only a short distance ahead of me. On the second attempt, I ended up roaming about looking for car drops before finding a Volvo 242. I roamed around some more, and the numbers fell. I then got challenged by someone in a Nissan GT-R (level 8), and that was this loathsome, hateful challenge done.
For the Trial I thought about the M-Sport Fiesta, but it can only get close to the top of S1 class. Not sure whether an engine swap would help, wasn’t going to waste money on one, and went with the Huracán Sterrato. Three of us on the grid, but one player quit during the first race, and the other one scrounged off my two wins. However, I’d say the Sterrato was the way to go.
I haven’t done an HSP yet, but was never out and about at the right time for one.
And that’s the end of series 4, which shan’t be missed and shan’t be welcomed if it ever returns. Will series 5 be any better or are we going to be surprised by the addition of the Austin Allegro and other examples of British Leyland’s finest? There’s a lot of models from Land Rover and Jaguar missing. Bentleys are thin on the ground. Come on, game, put the GT3 model back in the game that was a Forza Edition in FH4. Another model or two from Gordon Murray? Or are we going to get lumbered with all the missing MGs from FH5? Or the missing cars from Morris?
Comments