FH6, Series 5, Week 2
I already had the 1999 Lotus Elise, hence there was no immediate need to do the seasonal. In fact, this has been quite a good week overall for getting new cars from wheel spins (and pictures of cars that have otherwise eluded me). I wasn’t sure of the point of 3 laps of Shimanoyama now that it’s a formal drift circuit.
The photo needed to be taken inside Shirakawa, but the exact location appears not to have mattered.
Unlike Horizon 5, it seems that when someone else breaks a mascot, it’s gone till it respawns. I managed to get 12, but had to go away and do other things before returning to complete the job.
In Off-road Scramble, I drove the car to win the car. Taiyaki wasn’t the pain that it can be, but the drivatars seem to be less prone to aiming for apexes these days.
I used the Ginetta Junior to do Toys on the Road. Tokyo Railway Sprint was at night, which was a nuisance because I don’t tend to bother with sprint races and don’t know the course that well.
I managed to one-shot the ST in the MG Metro. Rubbish WS. I thought the Metro might be all right for the SZ, but it didn’t have the necessary speed. Possibly I needed a longer run-up. Switched to the DB7 and got it done for another rubbish WS. The only B-class car that I might use for the DZ was the 1965 Mini Cooper. I got the task done without retuning it, but it was painful; all for another rubbish wheel spin. Yes, it was one of those weeks.
For the Trial I randomly chose the MC20, but it seems that the Noble M600 was probably the car to choose. I expected Shimanoyama to be a disaster in modern supercars, but the drivatars didn’t seem to cope well with a small, tight circuit, and we won. I finished in a team-supporting 5th. Shirakawa went very well for the player in the M600, who buggered off with three drivatars behind him. I finished in 5th again, but it was a team loss because the front group of cars was too far away to catch. The rest of us put up a gallant fight, though. The end of Narai-Juku was weird, and I wonder whether there was some lag or something. I finished 3rd after something went wrong on the final couple of corners. Another player seemed to yield a place to me, and then it seemed that someone was perhaps trying to sabotage the drivatars. I wasn’t really certain, but whatever else, we won.
I used the 1965 Mini Cooper for the drift event as well. I entered on the third race and managed a 7th overall in spite of the car not being set up for drifting.
The hider won on this occasion, but I’ll admit that once again, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and drove round pretending that I was competent.
As on previous occasions, I have yet to do the HSP, but I got both of this week’s cars.
I tried driving the new Dodge round. Verdict: extremely understeery. I went round the motorway, but even on the most benign, accommodating corners, it just wouldn’t turn. I went through the SZ till the bend, where I flew off the road. Perhaps it might be rescued by building and tuning it.
On the other hand, the McLaren 765 LT fairly belted round the motorway without any issues.
A Super GT video on YouTube had me a little baffled because he was driving the latest Vauxhall Astra round Croft, and yet FH6 is getting some 20-year-old Astra added to the game. The latest Vauxhall in FH5 is the 2016 Corsa, and I suspect the same car is in FH4.
Anyway, Vivaldi’s Bajazet is almost done, I want to deal with the HSP, and try this new Bentley.
Comments