FH6, Series 5, Preview

The new update arrived this morning. Quite a few of the comments on Facebook were the usual whine about Japanese cars. No, the topic is the British Automotive update. Focus, children.

What are we getting? A new Bentley Continental (probably marketing), but I still want to see the GT3 version return from FH4. An old Ginetta GT40 Junior that already looks rather retro as if it came out of those Cars films (the current one looks better, but is marketed “for 14-17 year olds”). Is this going to be better than that awful E-Type wannabe from FH5? But where’s the GT4 car or the G56? And from the antique end of the paddock, some old Vauxhall Astra. Let me listen. No, I can’t hear anyone screaming for it.

The FE Jaguar XJ-S is probably going to be an undrivable mess without a drivetrain swap, although controller players will be all right. I’ll probably have to buy the standard XJ-S (which I had out in FH4 and as usual, the drivatars were all in the same car).

I expect that Drift Attack will be on the Festival playlist sooner or later alongside or instead of Time Attack. I do wish the YouTubers would learn how to pronounce Shimanoyama, but perhaps they’d fare better with Mount Shimano and remember that it’s like the components for bikes. Nah, that’s probably too much for them to process. I also expect the usual complaints about AWD drifting somehow not being drifting. There may be someone who’s mastered it on a keyboard, but I inevitably end up spinning in circles like a dying bluebottle and am not wasting time on such a futile activity.

A couple of the wheel spin cars, the AM DBS Superleggera and the E-Type Jag, will be roadside cars, but all of those need to be overhauled. In fact, the roadside cars ought to be changed on a weekly basis because they’ve quickly become utterly stale.

The Jaguar XKR-S GT is back. Was it in FH5? I can’t recall. It was. I can’t have driven it that much. So, too, the Lotus Esprit, which is another car that had issues in real life. The Valhalla Concept car and the original Bentayga, which are wheel spin rewards (I don’t believe I have either) will also be rewards. I think I might already have the McLaren 620R. Was the 2021 Mini Cooper in FH5? It was. It was a car pass car. The picture of the Astra has snow being flung up from the rear tyres. Is that a thing with an FWD car?

The McLaren W1 will no doubt be another car to take round the Colossus for three laps and then ignore for being too overpowered to be sensible. The 2023 Dodge Challenger looks much like the recent Camaro in that it adds nothing the previous model didn’t already have. The Renault Sport Spider lost out to the Lotus Elise back in the day, and I like the Elise. And then we have another 911 for dirt racing. Shrug.

Overall, not terrible, but but nothing especially inspiring, either.

Anyway, time to head to Japan and see whether I can entice the new cars out for pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 31, Preview

FH5, Series 59, Week 1

FH5, Series 53, Week 1