FH6, Series 5, Week 3

Yes, I manfully searched for the blasted treasure chest. Yes, I almost certainly passed it, but it was night time, which seems to be the game’s default state. Yes, I noted that the road in the background was dirt, not tarmac. I had to google the location so as not to spend an hour or so without a single sighting. It was on the south side of the Taiyaki Scramble, roughly due north of the start of Kawazu Nanadaru over the other side of the hill.

I took a photo. I got another dumb reward.

Again, I had to do a seasonal, Country Pickups, to get the Jaguar C-X75 for the weekly challenge. I started the races in the WP F-150, but didn’t like the handling and thought to switch to the CJ5 Renegade, which I then discovered isn’t in the game. I looked at the FJ40, but lighted on the Wrangler Rubicon, which I had to engine-swap to get it to the top of B class. It still managed to feel sluggish. For Edogawa, I slightly road-tuned it, which seemed to give it a significant advantage over the drivatars.

And then it was onto the weekly challenge, with the car meet also taking care of the daily.

Cult Street was cult cars (ugh) in D class (ugh!) The starts were all the same, with the drivatars in their clown cars blasting off the line and leaving me in my clown car, the S800, languishing until I eventually managed to take the lead.

The DA got me a rubbish WS.

I one-shotted the DS. Rubbish WS. I used the Ariel Nomad for the SZ, but botched the final turn on my first attempt by going too fast into it. Another rubbish WS. I also one-shotted the TB. What did I get? Take a guess. No, not Salma Hayek in a bikini. Yes, that’s right, yet another rubbish WS. (I did get the Porsche Cayenne from a WS [but still wonder what’s happened to the Macan].)

I went with the Opel Manta for the Trial, but wonder whether rally tyres might’ve been better than off-road race tyres in winter conditions because I kept sliding sideways into turns and crashing into walls. I started fourth on the human grid round the Bamboo Forest Scramble (where a partly road-specced might’ve been a better choice) and finished 2nd, but the player in the 911 Rallye (pronounced “Dakar”) was faster and I let him pass me. It seemed that only two of us finished, but a third player was still there for the Ine Scramble. I started in third (aka last place), but blasted through the field and took the lead. 2nd again, but there was no point in me getting in the way of the 911. I believe this was also my first Trial race in which the drivatars didn’t score a single point. I was also certain that we had a cheat in our midst, but I think he quit.

I ended up doing Street Scene races for Horizon Play in the M4 GTS, which is really an overpowered barge. I got the speed skills, but I was almost DNF’ed in the second and third races. In the case of the former, the car spun 90° as I turned to go down the motorway to the finish line. In the case of the latter, we had one of those try-hards completely dominating the race, who’s a good advert for ranked racing.

I had a brief drive in the Astra, but haven’t tried the Renault yet. I’ve had other things to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FH5, Series 31, Preview

FH5, Series 59, Week 1

FH5, Series 53, Week 1